To ensure open, reliable access to legal information and knowledge in a timely and efficient manner, these rules shall be applicable to all patrons of the Law Library. Use of the library is limited to use of the library’s books, materials, and services for the purposes of legal research and court-related activities. Violators may be removed from the library by Security. Repeat violators may be permanently banned from the library. Consequences for violations, including removal from the library or permanent library bans, may be appealed to the Law Library Director for review.
1. Food, drinks, tobacco products, and e-cigarettes are prohibited.
2. Patrons shall not engage in behavior that disturbs other patrons or staff, such as talking loudly, making noises, running, pushing, using profanity, or engaging in lewd acts.
3. Patrons shall not threaten or harass other patrons or staff.
4. Patrons shall not ask staff or other patrons for legal advice. The librarians will assist users but are prohibited from practicing law.
5. After assisting a library user, the library staff has the right to refuse to respond to persistent further requests that will not yield worthwhile results. A library user who persists in this manner will be asked to leave the library.
6. Patrons exhibiting signs of being under the influence of alcohol or other drugs will be asked to leave the library.
7. Patrons who exhibit offensive personal hygiene habits will be asked to leave the library.
8. Patrons shall not solicit, panhandle, or distribute any printed materials.
9. Patrons may not use the library or any library materials or equipment for their own personal, exclusive use, and may not conceal any library materials.
10. Patrons may talk on cellular phones in the hall if such use does not disturb others. Library phones are not available for public use.
11. No one may steal, mutilate, remove pages, damage, tamper with, or deface anything in the library or the rest of the building.
12. Children must be supervised and well-behaved. Children may not be left unattended. The library is not responsible for their safety.
13. Do not leave personal property unattended. The Library is not responsible for items that are lost, stolen, or damaged in the library. We cannot hold personal belongings for you.
14. No user shall remain in the library after closing time or after a request to leave, including emergencies and evacuation drills.
15. The library reserves the right to inspect any briefcase, bag, box, or other container capable of holding library material.
16. Permission in advance is required to conduct library tours or to use library facilities for classes.
17. Library staff will not make photocopies for patrons on demand. Photocopying is self-service only.